Hello! My name is Arwen Boyer, and I am currently majoring in game design and minoring in art at Bradley University.
Ever since I was a kid, I've always been interested in art and design. I spent a lot of my childhood creating monsters and creatures of all kinds, and throughout middle and high school I did some graphic design work. Both of these topics interested me, but it wasn't until late in my high school career that I realized what I loved the most: video games.
When I discovered that there was a game design major at Bradley University (only 20 minutes from my hometown!), it seemed like the perfect choice. And now that I've truly been introduced to what game design is, I know I made the right choice.
Designing games (such as refining mechanics, creating levels, and playtesting) is what I've found I love to do the most. I also enjoy creating characters - both their narrative story as well as their visual design.
One day, I'd love to be a part of a cool team of developers who like to make cool games for cool people. Until then, I'll continue my work here at Bradley University.
"Good Dog" is a short 2D point-and-click game meant to bring awareness to those struggling with depression. Together with Zach Abbott, I helped concept the game's narrative, levels, and play style. I was also responsible for creating all of the game's art assets as well as designing the characters and environments.
"Goldilocks" is a 3D abstract expressive game in which players collect resources (temperature, water, and atmosphere) in the form of stars and use these resources to try and create Earth - a planet that can sustain life. Together with Zach Abbott, I helped concept the game's mechanics, world design, and aesthetic. I was also responsible for creating the 2D textures for all of the possible planets as well as the game's UI and menus.
"You Have Become the Host" was my final project for my introductory art class. I chose to use charcoal (a combination of vine and compressed) for the hands and ink for the blood on the hands. In total, this piece took me approximately 20 hours to complete. An original reference photo was used for the hands.