Hello, I’m Charli Kerr and I am a sophomore in Animation and Game Design BFA who has discovered a love for 3D modeling.
I enjoy challenging myself whether it be in art or coding. I often participate in monthly art challenges and recently made an animation for the 12 to 12 animation challenge with other animators. In addition, I have started learning how to utilize Unity’s puppeting features for games instead of making the animations outside of Unity. I’m also currently working on a platformer that is being developed in Unity as a coder and an animator.
Recently, I have also taken up 3D modeling, learning various programs from Maya, Cinema 4D to Zbrush and Substance painter to create and prepare models for rendering. While I have created character models I find myself enjoying modeling backgrounds more. I also want to expand my skills in rigging 3D models for animation.
Currently my goal is to work at a game studio as a modeler or animator and eventually create my own studio to produce games.
This piece is a part of a minimalist card set I made in Photoshop with the restriction of only using one color palette for the entire series. This card set also coincided with a comic I had been planning, with each card in the series being tied to a specific chapter. Ouroboros is designed to represent how the first part of the comic is ending, but a whole new arc is going to be beginning along with a new conflict (with the antagonist being the central figure of the card).
This was done for my traditional animation class where we had to animate a character we designed sitting on the chair. The prompt focusing on how the character would prepare to sit and how they would interact with said chair. Majority of this project was done on a lightboard with the only digital component being when I compiled my drawings in Lightroom Classic and edited them in After Effects.
I was still new to 3D modeling when I made this render in Maya. This was done for my Game Art class where we had to model two bullets and put them on a pedestal. We had to set up lighting on the bullets for a render to submit. The assignment stated the minimum was two bullets, so I decided to experiment with multiple bullets falling at different angles to see how light impacted each and this came out as the result.